Bird Canada Launches On-Campus Service for Students
A Sustainable, Flexible and Affordable Way to go to and from School
(TORONTO) Sep. 7, 2022
It’s back to school, so let’s make it a sustainable term and show our love for our planet. Canadian leader in micro-mobility, Bird Canada, is paying special attention to students this year, with its fleet of e-scooters and e-bikes now available at select universities across Canada, including Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and Windsor. To help everyone travel in style to and from class, Bird Canada is offering exclusive student pricing until October 16th.
For the new term, Bird Canada will be the sole provider of e-scooters/e-bikes at select universities, offering students and staff an affordable, sustainable and door-to-door alternative to driving; helping reduce road traffic and parking troubles while lowering carbon emissions and improving air quality.
“There’s growing interest from young Canadians to use green transportation such as e-scooters and e-bikes, which highlights the demand for affordable, efficient and zero-emission options,” says Bird Canada CEO, Stewart Lyons. “We’re proud that Bird Canada is one of the preferred choices for students when it comes to a sustainable and active transport, and are honoured to be a trusted partner for multiple Canadian university campuses.”
Searches by students looking for the best ways to get around campus have increased, and Bird Canada offers a fun, easy and green way to travel while ensuring that trips are safe. With advanced technology and in-person support, Bird Canada prioritizes safety with efficient service at Canadian campuses, including:
- Bird Canada Campus Patrol ambassadors are available at all times to educate on proper riding and parking practices and ensure scooters are clean, charged and ready to use.
- Dedicated Bird deployment locations around university campuses, helping students travel easily to and from residence halls, classes and nearby transit.
- Advanced technology to prevent students from ending rides in a “no-park” zone, requiring the vehicle to be returned to a designated area.
- Geo-fenced zones such as slow, no-ride and no-park zones, to ensure smooth integration with campus’s mixed traffic.
- Preferred parking features near campuses (bike racks, painted stencils or parking matts) to support proper parking, with incentives in-app to do so.
- Quizzes and tutorials are available in-app to ensure local rules are followed.
As of Labour Day weekend, Bird Canada is offering exclusive discounted passes for all students where the company operates. This program allows students to enjoy savings on all of their unlock fees, as well as receiving priority customer support. Through the Bird app, students can pre-purchase 10, 25 or 40 unlocks discounted up to 57% off.
In addition to offering exclusive discounts to students, throughout the month of September, Bird Canada will have dedicated safety events on campus to help promote safe riding and proper parking behaviour. For any students looking to learn how to ride as well as the specific rules of their campus, Bird Canada will be available and will also provide free helmets to students attending.
About Bird Canada
Bird Canada is the leading Canadian micro mobility provider that operates an electric vehicle sharing program. Bird Canada is a Canadian-owned and operated company that offers Canadians, and visitors to Canada, a new way to avoid congestion and get around that is sustainable and uses the most innovative last-mile mobility solutions for urban areas. For additional information, visit BirdCanada.ca, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Note to media:
Bird Canada images and video are available in the Media Kit
Sara Evans Saunders
Head of Marketing and Partnerships